Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Getting Through the Day......

Ever have one of those mornings where you are just dreading all that you have to do and wondering how you are going to get through it? When that happens to me I just get in my prayer closet (the shower!) and ask the Lord for the strength and time to accomplish all that I need to do. And, oh, if He has plans for me for that day other than my own, please let me know so I can re-focus!
This mornings devotion in Jesus Calling has the solution:

"Let Me help you get through this day. There are many possible paths to travel between
your getting up in the morning and your lying down at night. Stay alert to the
many choice-points along the way, being continually aware of My Presence.You
will get through this day one way or the other. One way is to moan and groan,
stumbling along with shuffling feet. This will get you to the end of the day eventually,
but there is a better way. You can choose to walk with me along the path of Peace,
leaning on Me as much as you need.There will still be difficulties along the way,
but you can face them confidently in My strength. Thank Me for each problem
you encounter, and watch to see how I transform trials into blessings."

And He does.

AnnMarie :)

7 comments :

  1. Wonderful words of encouragement. We all have days like this and it is great to remember that we are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) prayer closet = shower! Love the phrase, "watch to see how I transform trials into blessings."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reminder that we are never alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing! This is written out just the way my heart has been trying to say it. This is a keeper! Thanks, AnnMarie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your prayer closet! Yes, we chose to be happy or not with our day! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reminder to start our day with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it that you ask if He has plans for your day other than your own ... a fabulous reminder not to get too caught up in our own plans. Thanks for such an encouraging post :)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".