Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Resurrection Sunday! Happy Cheesecake for Dessert!

It is a beautiful, sunny day here in Upstate New York. The lawn is mowed, the daffodils are blooming and the tulip buds are emerging. Unfortunately, I am stuck inside with a cold and did not even make it to church today. But I know my Redeemer lives today because He is Risen!

I did get the most important part of my dinner for today done yesterday so I am happy about that. It is a chocolate peanut butter cheesecake by request of my daughter Jena.


Twenty-seven years ago, on Easter Sunday, she was born. You see, I had been running around the day before, at nine months pregnant, with her 3 year old sister, hunting for Easter eggs. The next morning I woke up with labor pains and by afternoon I had been blessed with an Easter baby girl. She has been a blessing ever since. This is the second time in all those years that her birthday has come close to falling on Easter Sunday. Her actual day is April 7th.

So, she wanted to have her birthday dinner (a tradition) on Easter this year. We are having grilled chicken burgers on kaiser rolls (fabulous recipe!), sweet potato fries, antipasto salad, her favorite homemade herbal iced tea and THIS fabulous looking cheesecake. I think it came out pretty good! Will let you know later how it tastes!


I hope your time with family or friends or however you are spending your day is wonderful and that there are lots of good things to eat on your menu.

While we are celebrating, let's not forget the cross and the resurrection and what that means for those of us who have chosen Him as our Savior.

AnnMarie :)


2 comments :

  1. What a yummy looking cake!
    We are all truly blessed...get to feeling better
    soon! Colds are no fun I too am suffering from one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a MAGNIFICENT cake! Mom you did a wonderful job on it! (which i knew you would) Everything was good and im so lucky to have a mother like you! You always seem to know how to make me feel special and loved!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".